Daedalus Presents Semantic Tools Able to Understand the Language of Healthcare
28 OCTOBER 2014
SummarySemantic tools applied to the Healthcare industry enable to better understand the "Voice of the Patient" and manage medical documentation more efficiently . Daedalus, a leading provider of semantic technologies and language processing, presents in a webinar (in Spanish) its tools able to understand the language of Healthcare.
Semantic technologies, which allow to understand and extract information from unstructured content (files, social commens) offer a great potential to the Healthcare industry. The possibility to better understand patients or to efficiently analyze and exploit medical documentation results immediately in quality improvements and cost reductions.
However, these technologies have limitations in understanding the specific language of the Healthcare sector: diseases, symptoms, treatments, active ingredients, drugs...
The Spanish company Daedalus, leader in language processing and semantic technologies, has developed tools that incorporate specific terminology based on standard ontologies, such as SNOMED, MedDRA and encodings like ICD-9/ICD-10. These tools enable the processing of medical unstructured information with a high precision, in large volumes, at low costs and high speed.
Daedalus' solutions for the Healthcare sector allow to:
- Understand the conversation in social media (forums, blogs, networks) to analyze the reputation of a hospital / pharmaceutical company and its brands, discover trends and adverse effects, detect emerging crises... and in general to listen to the Voice of the Patient.
- Structure, code, and automatically tag medical records and other clinical documents for drawing up statistics, make segmentations, detect trends and optimize health management.
Daedalus will present its solutions for the Healthcare industry in a webinar that will take place on Tuesday, 4 November at 4:00 p.m. CET time (Madrid), which will show how semantic technologies can understand the language of Healthcare, helping to better understand patients and manage more efficiently the medical information. The webinar will be held in Spanish.
More information about the webinar and registration at http://www2.daedalus.es/l/3322/2014-10-21/36d4pr
Article about the analysis of health content on social networks: http://www.daedalus.es/blog/analyze-content-relate...
"By incorporating standard terminology and processes specific to the Healthcare sector, Daedalus' semantic tools can process large volumes of unstructured medical information with high quality, at high speed and low costs. Hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, public administrations, insurance companies and health-focused online communities can benefit from a more accurate analysis of the Voice of the Patient and a more efficient management of medical documentation." Antonio Matarranz, Marketing & Sales Director at Daedalus
Daedalus is a Spanish company specialized in the automatic extraction of meaning from all types of multimedia content. Daedalus applies semantic technologies, language processing, speech recognition, and data and text analysis to help customers to:
- Analyze and evaluate the impact of what is said in all kinds of social and traditional media (social networks, blogs, newspapers, radio, TV)
- Enrich and customize all kinds of multimedia and multilingual content to better combine, distribute and monetize them
- Extract information from financial documents and user-generated content to feed risk management and investment decisions
- Extract elements of meaning and context of all types of content and social conversations to enable a more focused and effective advertising
- Integrate and retrieve information from heterogeneous repositories.
Founded in 1998, Daedalus provides software tools that can be deployed both on-premise and in SaaS mode. Daedalus helps you to overcome the challenges of the 3 Vs (Variety, Volume and Velocity) in multimedia processing.
Follow us on Twitter: @daedalus_sa